Tuesday 9 December 2014

My reading list - Nov 26 - Dec 8

I've been buried in a pile of work, and haven't been reading as much, which always makes me a combination of cranky and sad. Scranky??  

But evidently, that doesn't stop me from buying books. Ahem. Bad Tara. 

***

What I read this last two weeks-ish: 

1. LOL #2 Romantic Comedy Anthology - Volume 2 - Even More.. by Rachel Schurig
2. How To Get Honest Reviews: 7 Proven Ways to Connect With.. by Shelley Hitz - Again, not too useful. Still, I paid what, $0.99 for this? It had a couple of review request templates and some suggestions on how to track your reviews. I think so much of this depends on what stage in your career you are. If you are new to the game (not the writing game, necessarily, but the marketing hustle) then perhaps you'd find it more useful than I did. 

I also read the first 15% of Rachel Aaron's Nice Dragons Finish Last, which isn't erotica, thank heavens! I really need to read something else - I'm smutted out. Anyway - it's really, really good, and I seem to be savouring it like fine wine. But I'm finish it by the time next week's blog post rolls around. 

What's going to be DNF'd: 
People with time to read books DNF them. 

What's currently on my Kindle Unlimited 10: 
Ahem. Not a lot different than before, I wager. I like having the reference books on my Kindle, even though I only dip into them fifteen minutes at a time.  

Fiction: 
1. Emma: Part One (Outpost Nine Book 1) by Lolita Lopez
2. The Fixer Series Box Set: The Fixer Trilogy by Alyson Raynes
3. Surrender (Surrender - Book 1) by Melody Anne
4. Nice Dragons Finish Last (Heartstrikers Book 1) by Rachel Aaron

Reference: 
5. How ANYONE Can Become a Full-Time Erotica Author in 6 Weeks by Mademoiselle D. Bauch
6. Supercharge Your Kindle Sales: Simple Strategies to Boost by Nick Stephenson
7. Elements of Fiction Writing - Plot by Ansen Dibell
8. Elements of Fiction Writing - Beginnings, Middles & Ends by Nancy Kress
9. Elements of Fiction Writing - Conflict and Suspense by James Scott Bell
10. Elements of Fiction Writing - Characters & Viewpoint by Orson Scott Card

Free Books I got:
Come Away With Me (The Andrades) by Ruth Cardello

Books I actually bought:
Forever Wicked: A Wicked Lovers Novella by Shayla Black
Shifter by Jennifer Reynolds
Call Series Boxset by Emma Hart
Club Alpha: BDSM Romance Boxed Set by Amy Valenti et al



No comments:

Post a Comment