Wednesday 10 December 2014

WIP Wednesday - Another look at Audition

Now (finally!) with Buy Links! 



Okay! After waiting nearly 48 hours for my book to go up on the KDP store (Jay Cute? Thanks so much, you plagiarizing little jerk), Audition is finally live. 

If you buy books, you should buy the Limited Time $0.99 boxed set, which has the Audition in it. It will not be available for purchase after Dec 27, so click now, or forever hold your peace... ;)
Buy Links to Sassy Submissives: Amazon US | Amazon UK | Amazon DE | Amazon CA

If you borrow books, here are links to the Audition. 
Buy Links to The Audition: Amazon US | Amazon UK | Amazon DE | Amazon CA




Last week, I didn't have a blurb, because - well, one crisis at a time. This week, I do, and without further ado - here it is. 

Audition - The Blurb. 


Ever since she was a child, Allie Greenwall has wanted to get into Juilliard. But she hasn’t played the piano in six years, and she is hopelessly rusty. Her only hope of passing her audition rests with reclusive Russian pianist Nikolai Zhednov.

But Nikolai is no longer the man she knew, and in his dungeon, Allie realizes that his help will come at a high cost, one she’s not sure she can pay.


Note: This story contains a Dominant pianist who will use harsh discipline to ensure that Allie reaches her fullest potential, many erotic sexual and BDSM scenes, and a Happy-For-Now ending. 

And now that I've teased you with a blurb, why not add in an excerpt? 

***

Nikolai is reading the Globe when I head upstairs. “Good morning,” I say. I’m wearing the white shirt and navy blue pencil skirt I wore yesterday to my failed audition.
He looks at me. “Get naked,” he orders. He points to a spot on the floor. “Kneel there.”
No hello. No inquiries about how I slept. Just an order, nothing else.
We used to be friends, Nikolai and I, six years ago. I’d made him his first breakfast in America, a peanut butter and jelly sandwich, because at fourteen, I was utterly incompetent in the kitchen, and also because my mom had to run off to work, and we were out of cereal. I’d pulled the peanut butter jar out of the refrigerator, and had held out the jars of grape jelly and marmalade towards Nikolai, wondering if he’d had a preference. He hadn’t, so I picked marmalade. He’d taken an experimental bite, doubt etched all over his face, and as he had chewed, his expression had lightened. Then he’d smiled at me. “Spasibo,” he’d said.
He used to listen to me play, and he’d get impatient with me when I made mistakes. “Move over, Allie,” he’d say and sit next to me on the piano stool. By that point, I was seventeen and had a mad, raging crush on him, and he was twenty-five and had just been appointed principal pianist to the New York Philharmonic, an almost unheard of feat for someone so young. His hands would engulf mine and he’d patiently guide me through the notes.
And now, he’s pointed to the floor next to him, and he wants me kneeling at his feet, naked. I swallow my sadness away and obey him.
“Lock your hands behind your back,” he instructs. He leans back in his chair and watches me, an inscrutable look on his face. I force my expression to complete blankness and obey. Four days to my audition. I will endure.
He gets up and fetches me a cup of coffee, placing it at my lips. I take a sip and stiffen. Milk and a spoonful of sugar. His memory doesn’t fail him; he remembers how I take my coffee. “You remember,” I whisper.
“Do you?” he asks me obliquely. He’s being cryptic, as he is wont to do. I have no idea what he’s talking about.
He holds out a small piece of buttered toast in his fingers, and I flush. I’m supposed to eat scraps from his hand, like some kind of pet. “Is the leash next?” I demand, my voice taut with anger.
I should have kept my mouth shut. “What a good idea,” he says evenly. He gets up, and I watch him head down the basement stairs.
I’m breathing hard. I’m beyond furious with Nikolai. I’m outraged that he’d treat me like some kind of pet. I’m humiliated and embarrassed, and I’m a little turned-on as well. And it gets worse, because he comes back up and buckles a collar around my neck, and clips a leash to it. He takes hold of my arms and cuffs them behind my back, and just like that, I’m cuffed and leashed and at his mercy.
“An animal always keeps fighting, Allie,” he says to me. “It will do whatever it takes to survive. Only humans curl up in a corner and prepare to die.” He gives me a hard stare. “Perhaps treating you like an animal will help you remember how to survive.”
“Fuck you,” I snap. “Stop pretending this is some kind of fucking Jedi mind-lesson. This is just a stroke-fest for you.” 
***
Ah, Allie. I don't need to be a Jedi mind-reader to know that you are now in trouble with Nikolai. 
Now, the buy links. Here's how Audition works. If you want to buy it, for a very, very limited time, it's part of a boxed set called Sassy Submissives, where I've bundled together six of my stories for the insanely low price of $0.99. (Hey, it's the holidays. I'll spread a little smut.) 

Buy Links for Sassy Submissives (only $0.99 for 400 pages of BDSM Romance!): Amazon US | Amazon UK | Amazon DE | Amazon CA

But if don't want to buy it, and you do have Kindle Unlimited, you can borrow The Audition on Kindle Unlimited for free. 

***
And the other authors are here: 

7 comments:

  1. Oh dear, feisty may have it's place but I have my doubts Nikolai will agree.
    Great snippet, sounds like quite a read.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Christ what a hot scene. Remembering these two from last week, this weeks excerpt just swept me away. I'm captivated by Nikolai, he seems like such a hard-ass, yet I can sense an underlying softness he has for Allie.
    Her memory while he ordered her around like a pet was quite touching, giving me quite a different take on Nikolai.
    I'm compelled to know more. Now... so I hope those links are up and running like a well oiled machine.
    Awesome tease here, Tara! Thanks for bringing Nikolai and Allie to Wipitup ☺

    ReplyDelete
  3. Haha I don't need a jedi mind reading lesson either. But I like Nikolai... he has a sense of humour and I LOVE pet play. This is all deliciously intriguing... more, more, more.... please ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think she'll be sorry she suggested the leash!! And the Jedi mind reading was hysterical!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a hot tease, Tara - I'm really liking this guy! Between last week's snippet and this one - I'm definitely looking for more! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the last line. She has a rebellious streak. Great scene. :)

    ReplyDelete