Wednesday 30 July 2014

Kindle Unlimited - 10 days in

Ok. I don't know what the reimbursement rate for Kindle Unlimited will be. That being said, it's been a huge difference maker for sales.

Because I'm a geek, I did a couple of graphs for the month of July (to date.)

The Before Kindle Unlimited (July 1 - July 18) borrows was hovering at 5%. In the 11 days since (July 19-29), my borrows have skyrocketed to 36%.



That's one heck of a movement. Also, despite what some other writers say (David Gaughran, Rachel Aaron), I find it hard to believe my reimbursement rates won't come down. I moved a lot of books using borrows, and I can't be the only one. Still, I'll find out in about fifteen days, won't I?

Clearly, borrows increased. But did it cannibalize my paid sales? Because then, I'd be less happy.

So I crunched some more numbers. (Remember, I have very limited data to work with. Less than one month of sales information is hardly an appropriate sample size.)

Short answer. No. My # of units sales sold per day hovers at the same mark it always has.

Slightly longer answer. The data isn't clean. I ran promos in the July 19-29 period that taints the results. No promo was run July 1-18.

Anyhoo. It's early days yet, but I'm solidly encouraged.

No comments:

Post a Comment