Tuesday 11 November 2014

Sometimes, the big things get lost in the little things...


Today is Remembrance Day.

It isn't that I didn't know, because, of course I did. But there's NaNoWriMo, there's an anthology that I'm working on, there's a story that I'm beta-reading, there's real life, and dinner with my boyfriend, and all kinds of things.

Yet all these things pale away into significance when you think of the generation of people that died in World War I, and the many, many hundreds and thousands of people that have died in the line of duty since.

This blog isn't necessarily the place where I talk about the big things. Mostly, there's a lot of blather about reading and writing. But a generation of young men died in World War I, and it's hard not to be moved by the total sadness and futility of it all.

And if you haven't seen the Tower of London poppy exhibit, you should. I challenge you to watch a video of it without tears.

No comments:

Post a Comment