Monday 15 September 2014

A Year in Review Part 1

Over the next couple of weeks, I'll be recapping the first year of my self-publishing adventure.

Today, a graph, showing book releases by month. This is the result of writing nearly 2000 words a day, every single day, for the last year.


In case you are wondering, I can't write four books a month. Both Feb and July, I took advantage of earlier written words. Magic Everywhere, Leila's Training and Raina's Wedding are the three stories in Chronicles of Raan (which actually makes Feb a very unproductive writing month) and the same with July, where I bundled all the Alien stories together.

Still. This is Russell Blake's formula applied. Write lots of books, release often, don't expect anyone of them to be a breakaway hit. It needs said - I like every book that I write. If I'm not happy, it doesn't get released until I am. (Cough cough Heiress.) But this is also a numbers game, and you will kill yourself if you spend a lot of time wondering why your book isn't selling. Write the next one - try again.

I'm not making huge sums of money or anything, but I'm doing much better than I expected, one year in.

No comments:

Post a Comment